Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Woodblock by Joe Gil



Link.

Favorite lyrics:
Cause I'm broken,
and I'm sinking,
I'm a shipwreck off to sea,
and I'm begging,
for some answers,
I'm a poor man in need,
and I'm searching,
I've found nothing,
I'm a blind man trying to see,
I'm a woodblock,
praying please just carve me.

The lyrics to this song are basically a metaphorical poem of something that's pretty common to humanity. It's a story of being lost, of waiting for someone to help you be who you're supposed to be. But the way Joe Gil sings it, that thought becomes something tangent. It's both tragic and happy-making, and his voice makes angels cry. It's a very relaxed, mellow song, but it's something you can still groove to.

Listen to: while playing spades on a summer night.
Reminds us of: Ray Lamontagne
Glitter Pox rating: 70% contagious

Hope you catch it,
The Glitter Pox

3 comments:

  1. This is fantastic!
    I just downloaded it from the artists site :)
    Thanks so much, this blog is a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the nice comments, you all are too nice!

    ReplyDelete