Thursday, September 20, 2012

Niki & the Dove - The Fox



Favorite lyrics: I've grown a handsome tall tree, mother/ And I want to bear a fruit for you/ And I've carried your fears and your hopes, father/ I will concur them for me and you

The Fox is 80's Cyndi Lauper meets indie orchestral genius. It has a slow-motion, window smashing effect that's consistently hypnotizing with the vocals, which switch between playful, sultry, and serious. It just has such a huge sound, with atomic-bomb bass and a continuous beat that seems almost irregular, like an off-kilter chase. Some music sounds confined into a certain space, and other music sounds like it has the entire world to fill up. This song is the latter, making The Fox straight audial addiction.

Glitter Pox rating: 97% contagious

Hope you catch it,
The Glitter Pox

No comments:

Post a Comment