Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks



Link.

Favorite lyrics: There's an old voice in my head that's holding me back
I tell her that I miss our little talks

Of Monsters and Men is a blend of culturally styled music and unique voices. The accordion adds an element to Little Talks that makes it more upbeat and lightening, and the back-and-forth duo of singing plays against the attention-grabbing chorus really well. It's folk-sounding, but also has a really approachable energy that a lot of slower folk music doesn't have. Their vocals remind us of The XX's, but the music is such a differing flow of notes that it's pretty incomparable.

Glitter Pox rating: 89% contagious

Hope you catch it,
The Glitter Pox

2 comments:

  1. Love the vibe of this band! I want more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fell asleep with the TV on, and this song awakened me in the middle of the night...I love it!

    ReplyDelete