Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Coral Sea - Lake and Ocean



Link.

Fav Lyrics: Didn't I treat you right, you're breaking me down
Didn't I treat you right, I'm breaking you down
All and all you're just a lake inside my ocean

Though mellow, The Coral Sea's "Lake and Ocean" has a malevolent emotional punch to it. It's like going to the beach and sizing up the waves only to realize you can't compare strengths with mother nature cause she'll knock you on your ass when you least expect it. The lyrics express the idea that love is never ending and even during the worst break up, they'll always just be a lake inside your ocean. The music flows like a wave, too, in the way it tides and recedes; it's a modernized version of a lot of classic golden songs in the easylistening way it plays out. This song, though seemingly somber, is encouraging you to stand back up when that one wave knocks you down. Then face the rest of the ocean.

Reminds us of: Radiohead vocally and musically, The Pixies 'Where Is My Mind'
Listen to: at the ocean
Glitter Pox rating: 68% contagious

Hope you catch it,
The Glitter Pox

1 comment:

  1. I've known of this beautiful song ever since it was released. It really does give you the feeling of the ocean, lakes, and other bodies of water.

    ReplyDelete